It is possible to conduct an arrest warrant search in Warren County by approaching the local sheriff’s office or a judicial branch like the magistrate’s court or the department of the clerk of court. All of these agencies are involved in imparting justice or assisting the judicial network of the state.
For instance, the police are in charge of controlling the crime scene in the area. They investigate criminal occurrences, make arrests, and seek arrest warrants from the court as and when required. Also, the police play a vital role in the trial as witnesses, plus they bring in experts to testify in the matter.
The judiciary’s role is three-pronged; at first, the magistrate acts as an impartial referee when he hears the evidence brought before the court by the sheriff’s office to request an active warrant in Warren County. Once convinced of the probable cause, the judge assumes an authoritative stance and orders arrests through the issue of warrants.
Finally, the judiciary deliberates on the evidence and facts presented at the trial stage and monitors the proceedings so that the defense and the prosecution get their time in front of the jury. If the defendant is found guilty, the sentencing is also carried out by the judge.
In terms of information keeping, the court of the magistrate, as well as the office of the clerk of court, are in possession of all information about the issue of arrest orders, outstanding warrants that are yet to be served, arrest records and the directives under which offenders have been detained. To get your hands on this data, you can go to:
- Law enforcement agency: 1000 Grove St, Vicksburg, Mississippi 39180
- The county magistrate: 1009 Cherry St, Vicksburg, MS 39183
- The clerk of court: 1009 Cherry Street, Vicksburg, Mississippi 39180
Can you get any information pertaining to Warren County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To get a copy of an accident or arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Department at 601-636-1761.
- To get information on a recent arrest, contact the Warren County Jail at 601-636-1244.
- To get information regarding arrest warrants, contact the Clerk of the Justice Courts at 601-634-6402.
- To discover how to get access to criminal case records, contact the Clerk of Court’s office at 601-636-3961.
- To inquire about help available for a crime victim, contact the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 601-529-9436.
Crime statistics of Warren County
In 2019, the Warren County Sheriff’s Office handled over 595 criminal complaints. Of these, 452 of the reports were for property offenses, while 145 were for violent crimes. Larceny-theft had the greatest occurrence rate among property crimes, with nearly 237 instances filed. As far as violent crimes were concerned, assaults brought in the highest number of complaints, at 116 cases.
Older crime statistics
Nearly 2400 crimes are committed in Warren County, MS every year, of which an estimated 115 of the cases bring to light violent criminal acts. On average, 8 criminal incidents occur in the area every year, and this figure may increase in the near future given the rise of almost 20% in criminal complaints.