One of the simplest and most convenient ways to get a Lincoln County arrest warrant search done is to enlist the assistance of online agencies that offer crime data for MS and the rest of the 49 states. The information in these third-party databases is assimilated through government agencies and public record repositories, so it is pertinent and accurate.
While their convenience and reliability cannot be disputed, the fact remains that the information these sites offer on active warrants and arrest records from Lincoln County, although accurate, will be of little use to you if you intend to use it to get a job or to offer employment.
In fact, these days, it’s common to ask for a background check for immigration as well as adoption. Of course, you will have to submit a criminal history report if you intend to work with children or seniors in any capacity. For such official purposes, you can seek information on the outstanding warrants in the name of your subject or yourself from the following agencies:
- The sheriff’s: 215 Justice St, Brookhaven, Mississippi 39601
- The magistrate’s: 300 S 2nd St NE, Brookhaven, MS 39601
- The county clerk’s: 231 South 1st Street, Brookhaven, Mississippi 39601
The sheriff’s department will offer crime-specific information so that you can find details on all arrests, warrants, incarceration, sentencing, etc., from this agency. In contrast, the magistrate’s court, which is responsible for issuing all judicial orders, will be able to tell you about the other judicial instruments brought to use against this person.
Finally, the county clerk’s office, which holds the court dockets database, can provide details on criminal and civil matters. An added advantage is that you don’t have to pay for this information if you are willing to search on your own by using the public service terminals.
Who should you be calling for details about Lincoln County warrants and recent arrests? (Updated in 2021)
- To get information about arrests (last 24 hours), contact the Lincoln County Jail at 601-555-1212.
- To get information on outstanding warrants, contact the Justice Clerk via phone at 601-835-3474
- To get access to arrest records, contact Sheriff’s Office at 601-833-5231.
- To get about victim’s rights and services, contact the Lincoln County Prosecutor at 601-835-2900
- To learn more about how to get criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at 601-835-3435.
Crime statistics of Lincoln County
Almost 631 criminal complaints were filed by the Lincoln Sheriff’s Department in 2019. The figure included 531 property offenses and 100 crimes against people. The following crimes were reported:
- 224 larceny-thefts
- 221 burglaries
- 79 motor vehicle thefts
- 63 aggravated assaults
- 22 rapes, and
- 8 robberies
Older crime statistics
From 1999 to 2008, approximately 5500 crimes were committed in Lincoln County, MS. However, only about 6% of these would qualify as violent criminal incidents. In this period, there has been a perplexing rise in reported crime rates, which almost doubled over the decade.