To undertake an arrest warrant search in Simpson County, MS, most people would head to the sheriff’s office and with good reason. The police do a lot more than just solving crime mysteries and arresting offenders who have committed criminal transgressions in full view of the public and a cop. The sheriff’s office also handles the task of petitioning the court for active warrants.
An arrest warrant will be needed if a police officer does not witness a misdemeanor and when the sheriff’s office does not have enough information on the person who commissioned a felony. Even in scenarios where the accused cannot be apprehended, the police department will request an active warrant in Simpson County.
It is up to the judiciary whether to grant the request or not; however, this is not done haphazardly. If the police can prove that they have reasonable cause to hold the accused responsible for a criminal act, the magistrates will sanction the warrant.
While freshly issued orders for arrests are often referred to as active warrants, the term outstanding warrants does pose some ambiguity. An outstanding arrest order is essentially a pending warrant that could not be served for some reason.
Once an order for detention has been executed, the arrest records that go with it are sent to the magistrate’s office and kept by the sheriff’s department. So, when you launch a warrant search in Simpson County, you can go to:
- The office of the sheriff: 111 W Pine Avenue, Mendenhall, Mississippi 39114
- The court of the magistrate: P. O. Box 307, Mendenhall, MS 39114
- The department of the county clerk: 109 Pine Street, Mendenhall, Mississippi 39114
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Simpson County? (2021- Update)
- To get information on recent arrests, contact Jail Bookings- 601-847-1439
- To access details pertaining to victim’s assistance, contact the Simpson Prosecutor’s Office at 601-847-2056.
- To get information on outstanding warrants, contact the Justice Clerk at 601-847-5848
- To get a case search done, dial the phone number of the Circuit Court Clerk- 601-847-2474.
- To access accident reports, criminal records, and arrest records, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 601-847-2155.
Crime statistics of Simpson County
In Simpson County, the annual crime rate was 21 cases in 2019. The listed offenses included 5 violent crimes and 16 property crimes.
Aggravated assaults had the largest number of complaints in the violent crime category, at 3 cases. With 8 reports, larceny-theft was the most common property crime. Burglary reports came in second, accounting for 7 cases.
Older crime statistics
The local sheriff’s department has to handle less than 300 criminal complaints annually. The violent crime rate of the area stands at 5%. So, in terms of reported and violent criminal activity, Simpson County, MS, seems to be doing quite well.