Active warrants from Lowndes County, Mississippi, are those orders for detention that have been issued to the police no more than a few days ago. However, another class of detention directives for arrests is frequently brought to light when a warrant search is initiated. These are called outstanding warrants.
Despite the difference in the legal name given to these orders, outstanding and active warrants are terms used to refer to the same directive. Outstanding warrants are those arrest decrees that are yet to be executed. There can be scores of reasons why an order for detention does not get served, from an offender who has skipped town to the police handling more important matters.
In either case, arrest warrants issued in case of felonies and class A and B misdemeanors do not go out of effect. The same also holds for bench warrants that have been released to order the arrest of an offender who does not appear in court to stand trial. Information on all these judicial processes, including criminal summons, is kept with the agencies mentioned below.
Also included in their databases are details on arrest records from Lowndes County. If you are looking for a broader search, it will make more sense to approach a private entity that offers online criminal records. One such establishment can be approached by filling the form above. The repository maintained by this agency has details on nationwide crime history information.
- Law enforcement agency: 527 Martin Luther King Jr Dr. S, Columbus, Mississippi 39701
- The county magistrate: 505 N 2nd Ave, Columbus, MS 39701
- The clerk of court: 515 North 2nd Ave, Columbus, Mississippi 39703
What are your options for finding details on warrants and recent arrests from Lowndes County over the phone? (2021-current)
- Contact the Lowndes County Jail to inquire about arrests (last 24 hours) – 662-329-5816.
- Call the Justice Clerk for information on arrest warrants-662-329-5929
- Connect with the Sheriff’s Office for a local criminal background check or an arrest report- 662-329-5826.
- Call the Victim’s Advocate to access Victim/Witness Services-662-328-4850
- Contact the Clerk of Circuit Court for judicial records and a case search-662-329-5900
Crime statistics of Lowndes County
The Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office registered 575 criminal cases in 2019. Property crimes led to the filing of 519 complaints, while almost 56 cases were filed against violent crimes.
Nearly 280 complaints in the property crimes category were attributed to larceny thefts, while burglary led to the filing of around 171 complaints. Save for 10 complaints against rape and 13 reports of robbery, all other cases filed in the violent crimes category were against aggravated assault.
Older crime statistics
Approximately 1800 criminal acts occur in Lowndes County, MS, every year. The violent crime rate for the area stands at around 7% of this figure. While this may not appear too worrisome at first glance, through the decade that ended in 2008, there has been an increase of well over 20% in the rates of this crime category.