Leake County arrest warrant searches are handled by the records or the public services division of the sheriff’s office. In contrast, when it comes to approaching an MS tribunal for the issue of active warrants, this is done by the court services branch of the law enforcement agency.
Upon release, arrest warrants are dispatched to this division, and from here, they make their way into the hands of the investigating team and the deputies. An active warrant from Leake County will come with express orders for the sheriff’s deputies to use whatever means required to bring the accused in. This clarifies the use of force, including physical restraints like handcuffs incorporated when apprehending the accused.
To add to the efficacy of outstanding warrants, they have been kept free of time and geographical restrictions. So, these orders for arrests can be served within the issuing county, outside it, in a private property or a public area. Because arrest warrants stay valid till the offender in question is nabbed, a person with such a directive to his name should expect no respite.
If you want to know more about the warrant issued against a person and prior arrest records, you can approach any one of the agencies listed below:
- The sheriff’s department: PO 129, Carthage, Mississippi 39051
- The magistrate’s court: 101 Pine St, Walnut Grove, MS 39189
- The county clerk’s office: Court Square, Carthage, Mississippi 39051
A small charge will have to be incurred to find the data, and you will have to show up in person to file the request for your inquiry. If you would rather do this online, try the form on top of this page.
Can you access the Leake County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- To inquire about recent arrests, call the Leake County Jail’s Main Office phone number-
- To speak with a detective assigned to your case (victims only), call 601-267-7361.
- To seek details on active warrants, contact the Justice Clerk- 601-267-5677
- To get victim/witness assistance, call the Leake County Prosecutor’s Office- 601-267-8061.
- To request a case search, call the Clerk of Court-601-267-8357.
Crime statistics of Leake County
The Leake Sheriff’s Department recorded 220 criminal complaints in 2019, which were filed against 167 property offenses and 53 offenses against people.
Around 84 larceny thefts, 62 burglaries, and 19 motor vehicle thefts were recorded. Approximately 46 aggravated assaults, 6 rapes, and 1 robbery were among the violent crimes reported.
Older crime statistics
Only 54 crimes are reported in Leake County, MS every year, and none of them are violent, which shows that the local police have been doing a commendable job. The crime scene has shown significant improvement with drops all across the board.