Like some other areas in the state, applicants will be hard-pressed to conduct an online warrant search in Hinds County, Mississippi, because the local justice agencies still seem to be catching up with the internet revolution. Fortunately, several third-party information vendors who operate online seem to be making up for the slack of these government departments.
If you fill the form on top of this page, you can get access to a nationwide repository of crime data, including arrest records and information on outstanding warrants from all 50 states. Of course, you will have to pay a small fee to get your hands on this data, but that will also be the case when you approach local justice agencies for details on active warrants for arrests.
The advantage with the first option is that with a website, you can get the results of your inquiry within a matter of minutes. Also, for a one-time fee, you will be able to access as many records as you need within a stipulated period. However, the results received from such a site have not formal standing.
This means that if you need to submit a background report for employment purposes, such an inquiry will not help you much. Also, for other official purposes that call for a notarized report like immigration, adoptions, licensing, etc., you will need to go through a state agency. Three state departments accept applications for information on Hinds County arrest warrants and other crime data. They include:
- The Police: PO Box 1452, Jackson, Mississippi 39215-1452
- The court: 407 E Pascagoula St, Jackson, MS 39201
- The clerk of court: 316 South President, Jackson, Mississippi 39201
How do you obtain details pertaining to Hinds County warrants and arrests? (Revised in 2021)
- Call the Hinds County Jail if you’re looking for the arrest records of inmates or are interested in recent arrests- 601-857-4800 (Raymond) or 601-974-2945 (Jackson).
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office for general information and to file a non-emergency complaint- 601-974-2904/601-857-4800.
- Contact the Records Division for anything that’s related to arrests, incidents, and accidents- 974-2930.
- Get in touch with the Justice Clerk for further information on arrest warrants- 601-965-8800.
- Contact the Hinds County Prosecutor’s Office in case you need victim’ assistance- 601-398-2347/601-974-2933 (Sheriff’s Office Victim’s Assistance).
- Call the Office of the Clerk of Court to learn about the process for initiating a judicial record search- 601-968-6628/ 601-857-8038.
Crime statistics of Hinds County
The Hinds Sheriff’s Department received 328 criminal complaints in 2019, which included 258 property offenses and 70 crimes against people.
Around 145 larceny thefts, 52 burglaries, and 59 motor vehicle thefts were among the property offenses recorded. Nearly 40 aggravated assaults, 15 rapes, and 16 robberies were among the reported violent offenses.
Older crime statistics
Through the ten-year period that started in 1999, almost 150,000 crimes were reported in Hinds County, MS. Of these, nearly 11% of the incidents were violent crimes, while the remaining figure consisted of property-related incidents, including theft and robbery. On average, nearly 15000 crimes occur in the area every year.