A Hancock County arrest warrant search is often the first line of defense against anti-social elements that freely move about in society. Through such an inquiry, you can find out about every criminal matter that involved the subject. So, this is a surefire way to ensure that you do not end up hiring the wrong person for your workplace.
To look for arrest records and active warrants from Hancock County in the name of your subject, you can go to three agencies; the office of the sheriff, the magistrate’ court, or the county clerk’s department. You will need to visit these agencies in person to get your search started. They are located at:
- Law enforcement: 8450 Hwy 90, Bay St. Louis, Mississippi 39520
- Judiciary: 152 Main St, Bay St Louis, MS 39520
- County clerk: 242 Main Street, Bay St. Louis, Mississippi 39520
Of the three state sources of information, you will find the most extensive data from the office of the clerk of court. This agency has been put in charge of recording the court dockets, and as such, they maintain case records for civil and criminal matters.
So, where the police and the magistrate’s office will only be able to provide information on arrests and warrants, the county clerk’s deputies will also share the happenings of the civil tribunals in the area with you. In fact, you could very well use your own efforts to find Hancock County outstanding warrants against your subject by using the public service terminals at the justice center.
Is it possible to obtain information about Hancock County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To find information about recent arrests, contact the Hancock County Jail at 228-466-6922.
- To access details on active warrants, get in touch with the Justice Clerk at 228-467-5573.
- To get access to arrest records, call Sheriff’s Office at 228-466-6900.
- To obtain information about victim services, contact the Office of the Hancock county prosecutor at 228-255-5808.
- To learn more about obtaining criminal court records, reach out to the Clerk of Court at 228-467-5265.
Crime statistics of Hancock County
The Hancock Sheriff’s Office received 741 criminal complaints in 2019. These included 686 non-person crimes and 55 violent crimes.
The non-person crimes category included 401 larceny thefts, 161 burglaries, and 115 motor vehicle thefts. The violent crimes category included 30 aggravated assaults, 13 rapes, and 8 robberies.
Older crime statistics
Nearly 700 criminal complaints are registered in this area every year, of which a few over 20 are violent crimes. While the rate of reported crime has followed an upward trajectory, with an increase of almost 30%, this has been balanced off by an equal decrease in the rate of violent criminal acts.