If you are looking for a warrant search in Forrest County, Mississippi, you can approach state justice agencies or enlist the help of third-party information vendors. While the latter usually offer their services online, state departments will have to be visited in person if you want to find arrest records and information about outstanding warrants.
To initiate the inquiry, you will typically have to fill a form that offers information on the subject and yourself. It is the norm for agencies to ask for details such as your name and contact details and personal identifiers such as the name, address, gender, and date of birth of the subject.
In response to your query, you will be provided information on arrest records against the person in question, bench warrants as well as arrest warrants issued against this individual, details on charges filed, and sentencing, along with data on incarceration and release. If you approach the magistrate’s office, along with details on warrants for arrests, you will also be able to find information on any criminal summons released against this person.
Similarly, the office of the clerk of court, which is in charge of maintaining the court dockets database, will provide details on civil and criminal court records. Most agencies will charge a fee to undertake a warrant search on your behalf.
However, the county clerk’s office offers free access to its database of criminal history, which includes arrest records from Forrest County and active warrants-related information. The applicants will need to visit the local justice center to avail this service. To get in touch with the agencies listed above, go to:
- The office of the sheriff: 316 Forrest St, Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39403
- The court of the magistrate: 641 N Main St, Hattiesburg, MS 39401
- The department of the county clerk: 641 Main Street, Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39401
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Forrest County? (2021- Update)
- In order to approach the Forrest County Sheriff’s Office with general inquiries, use the dispatch phone line at 601-544-7800.
- In order to do a warrant search, call the Justice Clerk at 601-544-3163.
- In order to learn about arrests, contact the local police at 601-545-6148.
- In order to connect with Victim/Witness Services, contact the Victim’s Advocate at 601-544-4333.
- In order to request certified copies of judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at 601-582-3213.
Crime statistics of Forrest County
In 2019, about 1400 criminal complaints were filed in Forrest County. About 1180 of them were for property crimes like larceny-theft (566), burglary (377), and car thefts (230). There were 176 cases of serious assault and 10 cases of rape among the 231 complaints filed in the category of violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
Despite a drop of over 1500% in the rate of reported crime and a reduction of nearly 800% in the incident figures of violent crime, Forrest County, MS still clocks in almost 2500 criminal complaints every year. Fortunately, only about 5.5% of these occurrences are of a violent nature.