When doing an arrest warrant search in Copiah County, MS, you are bound to come across the names of several government departments that offer information on crime history. Foremost among these are understandably the police and the magistrate’s office, given the definitive role of these agencies in the issue of active warrants and dealing with criminal matters.
The magistrate is the judicial entity that is authorized to hear warrant petitions. A declaration is attached to the request form submitted to the magistrate’s office or the clerk of court. This affirmation contains case details that the judge will need to take a call on whether to issue the active warrant or not.
After their release, these orders for arrests are handed over to the police for execution. Cops are allowed to use reasonable force when taming an aggressive offender who resists arrest. They can also cross county lines when chasing a person with an outstanding warrant from Copiah County to his name.
As both these agencies serve definitive purposes in the legal juggernaut, either of them can be approached for information on arrest warrants and detentions. Another agency that also keeps details on the issue of warrants and criminal cases is the office of the clerk of court. This office has the court dockets database in which you can find both civil and criminal records. To contact these departments, head over to:
- The Police: 20030 Hwy 51, Gallman, Mississippi 39077
- The court: 100 Caldwell Dr, Hazlehurst, MS 39083
- The clerk of court: P.O. Box 507, Hazlehurst, Mississippi 39083
How can I get arrest records and warrant details from Copiah County over the phone? (Expires in 2021)
- Contact the police department for information about incident and accidents and an arrest report-601-892-2023.
- Contact the Justice Clerk for all inquiries about active warrants-601-894-3218.
- Dial the phone number of the Copiah County Jail for information on recent arrests and inmate arrest records-601-894-3011.
- Find out about the help available to crime victims from Prosecutor’s Office- 601-894-4150.
- Learn about criminal case court dates and judicial records by calling the Clerk of Court- 601-894-1241.
Crime statistics of Copiah County
At the time of writing this article, data pertaining to the crime rates of the area was not available through any local or state-wide law enforcement agency.
Copiah County police do not report crime statistics for the area like most other geographical divisions of MS. However, what could be found is that in a recent survey, a leading magazine discovered that one out of the five best and safest places to live in the state was in Copiah.