Apart from the police, there are other places that you can go to for an arrest warrant search in Coahoma County, MS. The judiciary, particularly the magistrate’s office, renders an important function in the issue of active warrants. The sitting judge has to ensure that the proof collected by the police points to the complicity of the accused before an arrest order can be released.
While the police submit the affidavit, which is used as a medium for relaying case facts, including information on evidence and witnesses, the judiciary deliberates on this information and even hears witness testimony to ascertain that a clear probable cause arises from this data. Unless reasonable cause can be found to hold the alleged offender guilty for the crime in question, a warrant cannot be issued.
Once he establishes probable cause, the magistrate will sign the arrest warrant signifying his agreement to the deduction of the police officers who investigated the crime. Such signed orders for arrests are known as active warrants, and cops will usually try to execute them at the earliest possible opportunity.
If this means driving outside of county lines while pursuing the offender or using physical force and restraint while bringing this accused in, they will not shy away from using such methods. Despite this, not all arrest orders get served, and those that don’t are kept in the system as outstanding warrants in Coahoma County. When you initiate an inquiry into the warrants in a person’s name, you will also be handed information on any arrest records to his name. To get your search underway, go to:
- The office of the sheriff: 63 Sunflower Ave, Clarksdale, Mississippi 38614
- The court of the magistrate: 71 Sunflower Ave, Clarksdale, MS 38614
- The department of the county clerk: 115 1st Street, Clarksdale, Mississippi 38614
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from Coahoma County over the phone? (Valid in 2021)
- Inquiries pertaining to recent arrests: 662-624-3085.
- Requests for arrest records from Clarksdale PD: 662-621-8154.
- Details pertaining to active warrants: 662-624-3060.
- Questions pertaining to a criminal matter: 662-624-2411.
- Inquiries from victims about the assistance available to them: 662-627-5310.
- Requests for criminal court records: 662-624-3014.
Crime statistics of Coahoma County
More than 13 of the crimes reported in 2019 in Coahoma were property crimes, while only 3 constituted crimes against people. The property crime cases involved larceny theft (8 cases) and burglary (4 cases). The complaints in the category of violent crimes included 3 cases of aggravated assault.
Older crime statistics
From 2001 to 2008, almost 4500 criminal occurrences were reported in Coahoma County, MS. Of these cases, in almost 2000 crimes, the victim was targeted when he was very close to his home or office. Violent crimes contributed 10% to the annual average at 45 incidents.