Because the courts issue orders for detention in the area, the best place to go to for an arrest warrant search in Chickasaw County, MS, would be the magistrate’s office. Active warrants released in connection with felonies are handled differently from bench warrants, which are generally released against a suspect on the run or when the court has been disobeyed.
These directives come into being when the police go to the local tribunal with authority to hear criminal matters. They have to approach the bench with an affidavit in hand. This sworn and signed writ is a document that is used to tell the judiciary about the criminal act that has occurred and the role of the accused in it.
So, the affidavit has details on the evidence that points to the culpability of the suspect. Often, witnesses are also brought down to the courthouse to ensure that the judge sees the case from the police’s point of view. Once the magistrate has been convinced that there is reasonable surety about the criminal act being a handiwork of the accused, the arrest warrant is sanctioned.
These orders then stay in the justice database as Chickasaw County outstanding warrants for as much time as required to make the arrests. To put it simply, these orders do not go out of effect. In fact, law enforcement agencies frequently involve themselves in information swapping, which helps to relay details on arrest records and active warrants from one area to another. Civilians can look for crime history through the agencies listed below:
- The police: 210 Harrington St, Houston, Mississippi 38851
- The judiciary: 236 W Main St, Okolona, MS 38860
- The clerk of court: As above
Can you get any information pertaining to Chickasaw County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To request an arrest report or the police report of an incident/accident, call the Sheriff’s Department at 662-456-2339.
- To learn more about active warrants, contact the Justice Clerk at 662-456-3941/662-447-3402.
- For information on recent arrests and inmate arrest history, dial the phone number of the Chickasaw Jail- 662-456-3319.
- To get information on victim services, call the Chickasaw County Prosecutor at 662-447-2522.
- For inquiries about court dates and judicial records, contact the Clerk of Circuit Court at 662-456-2331.
Crime statistics of Chickasaw County
The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Office received 33 criminal complaints in 2019. The figure included 22 criminal misdemeanors and 11 felonies.
There were 5 larceny thefts, 10 burglaries, and 4 car thefts in the category of misdemeanor crimes. There were 11 aggravated assaults among the reported felonies.
Older crime statistics
Over the seven-year period that ended in 2007, almost 340 criminal complaints were registered in Chickasaw County, Mississippi. Of these acts, about 100 were violent crimes. This puts the annual average of this incident category at 30% of the total crime figure. Through this period, there was also an increase of 90% in violent criminal cases.