If you have the time, an arrest warrant search from Calhoun County, MS, can be used to get all the information about a person’s criminal history. Justice agencies undertake these inquiries on behalf of civilian applicants. When a request is filed for the search of active warrants, the concerned agency runs the subject’s name through their database.
If this brings up case listings, the applicant is notified about this through a written report. However, state agencies that work towards disseminating crime history information are not allowed to offer details on out-of-state arrest records and active warrants. This means that despite getting a response of “no records found” for your inquiry, there is still a possibility that your subject may have a criminal past.
A nationwide inquiry would undoubtedly help more. However, to initiate this, you will have to enlist the help of a private agency. Scroll up to find a form that will get you access to a third-party database of information on outstanding warrants and arrests. The information stored in this repository is sourced from justice agencies all over the country.
If you are content with finding out about the criminal matters commissioned by the subject within the boundaries of Calhoun County, you can approach three state agencies for this data.
- Law enforcement agency: 178 S Murphree St, Pittsboro, Mississippi 38951
- The county magistrate: 103 E Main St, Pittsboro, MS 38951
- The clerk of court: Given above
How do I obtain arrest records and warrant information from Calhoun County over the phone? (Valid until 2021)
- Call the Calhoun County Jail Main Office’s phone number to learn about recent arrests: 662-412-3149.
- Call the Sheriff’s Office to request arrest records:662-412-3149
- Call the judiciary for details on outstanding warrants: 662-412-3134.
- Call the Clerk of Circuit Court for judicial records: 662-412-3101.
- Call the Calhoun County Prosecutor’s Office to reach Victim/Witness Services: 662-628-5440.
Crime statistics of Calhoun County
Property crimes accounted for the majority of the nearly 64 crimes reported in Calhoun County in 2019, with 39 complaints. There were about 28 burglaries and around 6 larceny thefts in this category. In the category of violent crimes, there were 23 reports of aggravated assault and 1 report of rape.
Older crime statistics
Calhoun County, Mississippi, has one of the lowest crime rates in the state, with annual incident rates not even touching the 20 case mark. Between 2001 and 2006, about 90 criminal complaints were lodged in the area, which puts the annual incident rate at just about 15 cases.