An arrest warrant search from Attala County, MS, should be the first step of dealing with detention directives. If the active warrant was issued in response to a felony, this order could be served in any part of the country, by any law enforcement agent, and at any time. In fact, officers are required to make arrests under warrants as soon as possible.
The police also serve misdemeanor warrants; however, these are understandably given less priority than felony warrants. Also, frequently these decrees come with the release conditions stated on them. So, even after being taken into custody, the arrestee rarely spends a night in jail as he has to post bail or pay up the required fine to walk free.
In striking contrast, outstanding warrants connected with felonies cannot be dealt with quite so simply. Owing to the serious nature of the crime, only a bail hearing can get the accused a shot at freedom. Through this session, the magistrate has to be convinced that the offender poses no threat to society if he is released.
As soon as detention is effected, Attala County arrest records are made in connection with the occurrence. This information also reaches the judiciary when original orders for arrests are sent back to the issuing authority. So, civilians can find information on arrest warrants and criminal history in general through:
- The police: 243 South Broad Street, PO Box 208, Liberty, Mississippi 39645
- The judiciary: 108 E Washington St, Kosciusko, MS 39090
- The clerk of court: 230 W. Washington Street, Kosciusko, Mississippi 39090
Is it possible to get information on Attala County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To request police records, such as an incident/accident/arrest report, call the Sheriff’s Office at 662-289-5556.
- To get a warrant search done, call the Justice Clerk at662-289-7272.
- To find out about recent arrests, call the Attala County Jail at 662-289-2421.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the Victim’s Advocate at 662-289-0800.
- To get a certified statement of a criminal conviction, call the Clerk of Circuit Court at 662-289-1471.
Crime statistics of Attala County
The Attala Sheriff’s Office received 171 criminal complaints in 2019. There were 151 property offenses and 20 violent crimes among these.
Burglary and larceny-theft led to the filing of almost 60 complaints each, while 26 cases were attributed to motor vehicle thefts. Nearly 15 aggravated assaults, 2 rapes, and 2 robberies were included in the violent crimes category.
Older crime statistics
The constant rise in the annual rates of violent and overall criminal activity, which have breached the 47% and 10% marks respectively in recent years, is usually enough to convince most people of the importance of conducting warrant searches. If this is not the case with you, remember that more than half of the 230 criminal cases that are reported in Attala County, Mi