When it comes to crime and criminals, it would be best to err on the side of caution and go in for an arrest warrant search in Lamar County, MS, before allowing an unknown person into your personal or professional world. An attempt to find out about any outstanding warrants for arrests in the name of your subject will bring back a wealth of information regarding his past.
For instance, through the sheriff’s office or the state police, you can find out about past arrest records from Lamar County in the name of this person. Also, you will be told about any outstanding warrants that this individual may have against him. Apart from this, if criminal charges were brought against this person, you will also be intimated about the results of the case and incarceration details if these apply.
To put it simply, if there are any red flags of a criminal nature in this persons’ background, you will find out about them through your arrest warrant inquiry. There is always the office of the clerk of court for people who would like a well-rounded search.
This judicial agency has court dockets from civil as well as criminal tribunals. So, along with information on active warrants and arrest records, you will also be able to find out about any civil cases started in the subject’s name. To find such data, you can visit the offices of the state departments mentioned below at:
- Law enforcement agency: 205 Main Street, Suite B, Purvis, Mississippi 39475
- The county magistrate: 403 Main St, Purvis, MS 39475
- The clerk of court: 203 Main Street, Purvis, Mississippi 39475
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Lamar County over the phone? (2021-current)
- The Lamar County Jail will have information on recent arrests- 601-794-1088.
- The Justice Clerk can be approached for a warrant search-601-794-2950.
- The Lamar County Sheriff’s Office can be contacted for an incident/arrest report-601-794-8504.
- The Office of the Lamar County Prosecutor can be approached for victim’s assistance-601-794-2683.
- The Clerk of Court’s office can provide information about initiating a search for judicial records-601-794-8504.
Crime statistics of Lamar County
The annual crime average of Lamar County was 563 complaints in 2019. Of the total cases filed, property crimes accounted for 488, while violent crimes brought in 75 complaints.
Within these crime categories, larceny-theft (101 cases) and burglary (308 cases) accounted for the maximum number of property crime-related complaints. In the violent crimes category, aggravated assault (57 cases) had the highest occurrence rate.
Older crime statistics
From 1999 to 2008, approximately 5700 crimes were reported in Lamar County, MS. Of these cases, an estimated 7% were violent in nature, while the remaining incidents pointed to property crimes. In the decade mentioned above, crime rates have spiraled out of control, with a 70% rise seen in reported criminal acts and a growth of over 80% found in violent crime cases.